Swim England are looking for Youth Panel Volunteers to join their current Youth Panel.
The Youth Advisory Panel is a group of young people aged between 16–25 years old. Collectively, they act as representatives for all young people involved in the sport of swimming, providing them with a voice.
The Youth Advisory Panel meets up to 4 times per year, usually for a 4 hour meeting at a weekend, and typically in Loughborough at the Head Offices of Swim England. Meetings are led by the Youth Advisory Panel chair, who is supported by a vice chair, with both being elected from the Youth Advisory Panel membership, by their peers. In addition to attendance at meetings, there may be a small amount of work required between meetings, and some online surveys sent by Swim England to seek more immediate feedback on a particular topic. Youth Advisory Panel members’ expenses for travelling to and from meetings are covered by Swim England to ensure that these are accessible to all.
Who are we looking for?
- Young people who are actively involved in the sport as a participant, teacher, coach, official or volunteer
- Young people who are between 16-25 years old
- Young people who are active in one of the following disciplines:
- Water Polo
- Synchronised Swimming
- Open Water
- Para Swimming
- A non-swimming volunteer
- Young people who are ideally a Swim England member (Cat 1 – non-competitive, Cat 2 – competitive Cat 3 – other)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dedicated new members who will be committed to attending meetings, contributing to discussions and working collaboratively with their Youth Advisory Panel peers. We are looking for passionate young people who want to positively influence the experiences of other young people involved in the sport and to act as representatives for them. If you think this could be you then please apply!
Applicants can be active in swimming but one of the disciplines listed above must be their primary focus.
Applications will be considered from individuals who are not members as long as the application demonstrates significant experience of sports participation and/or volunteering.
How to apply
The application process has two steps – an online application form and a video submission
Please complete the online form by clicking on this link:- click here . Please complete the online personal details form and submit a video no longer than 2 minutes to the email address below.
Your video should focus on:-
Discussing an issue in sport which is important to you
- Tell us what the issue is, why it is important to you, how does it affect you or people you know, how would you solve it?
- Please make sure you introduce yourself so we know who you are and can match your video to your on-line application.
- Think about where you are when you record your video – is it bright enough for us to see you? What is around you? Could someone identify where you are or see something you don’t want them to?
- Two minutes goes by quicker than you think when you’re recording so plan what you want to say.
- Think about how quickly you speak.
- Make the video as interesting as you can but remember it’s about you.
Who will review the applications?
Applications which meet the criteria will be reviewed by the current Youth Panel who will decide on who should join as new members.
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2018