General funding and sponsorship information
Swim England South East have identified a range of funding opportunities available to clubs in the Region. Download the funding guide here (updated August 2020).
Swim England have developed a toolkit to help clubs looking for sponsorship or working with sponsors:
Sport England Small Grants – Writing Your Application Guide
Regional Bursary Scheme for Coaches Training 2021
This scheme is designed to reduce some of the financial burden experienced by individuals when undertaking their coaches training, Swim England South East Region has made some funding available towards the cost of Swim England/Institute of Swimming coaches for Coaches in each discipline.
Applicants must be from Swim England South East Region affiliated clubs with SwimMark accreditation and demonstrate that they have been actively engaged in teaching or coaching with the club for at least 6 months and expect to continue working at the club following the training.
Regional Bursary Scheme for Safeguarding Courses 2021 – Updated March 2021
In order to reduce some of the financial burden on clubs, the Region will help towards the cost of Safeguarding courses. The Region will support up to 50% of the cost of the course or £10 per person (whichever is the smaller amount). The following courses will qualify for funding:
- Swim England Safeguarding
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children UK Coaching/IoS
- UK Coaching Renewal: Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport (online refresher)
- A Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) accredited course (with the exception of LSCB Basic Awareness and Foundation Courses)
- SAFE (Safer Activities for Everyone) CIC standard safeguarding training
- Child Safeguarding training delivered by the Football Association (FA) or England and Wales Cricket board (ECB)
Download the full criteria and an application form here: Safeguarding Course Bursary Form 2021 (Updated March 2021)
Hardship Funding Policy
Swim England South East Region recognise that aquatics can be a relatively expensive sport, in particular for top athletes and they may experience funding difficulties. The Region does not provide hardship funding, but encourages clubs, athletes and their families to actively seek external funding. Please click here to see the policy.
Athlete Contribution to South East Region Training camps policy
During the year disciplines either run or can run training camps either on-shore or off-shore and in order to avoid any confusion the Region has agreed a level of contribution for the athletes attending these camps.
Channel Island Travel Support Scheme 2021
Swim England South East recognises that athletes and coaches on the Channel Islands are at a disadvantage with regard to the cost of travelling to Regional Talent Camps and Coaches Workshops organised by the region. The Region will contribute to the extra travel and accommodation expenses necessarily incurred in attending such events. The Region will support up to 50% of the cost with a limit of £150 per person.
- The event must be organised by Swim England South East Region and be a training camp for an athlete or a Workshop for a coach.
- Travel must be from the Channel Island to the event
- Expenses must be incurred in relation to the event and may include travel and accommodation.
- Funding must be applied for ahead of the event.
Distance Meet Support Scheme 2021
In order to encourage clubs to run Distance Meets and reduce some of the financial burden, Swim England South East has made some funding available towards the cost of pool hire.
The aim of supporting these meets is to:
- Encourage swimmers to enter and compete in distance events
- Provide qualification opportunities for National Events
- Provide pool events for Open Water swimmers during the winter.
- Provide meets at Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 across the Region and spread through the year, taking into account the swimming calendar with County, Regional and National Competitions.
Download the full criteria and an application form for the Distance Meet Support Scheme 2021
Start Up Funding Policy
Swim England South East Region is pro-active in the development of the sport within the region, in particular through the formation of new clubs and new sections of existing clubs in the disciplines of Water Polo, Synchro and Diving. In setting up new clubs or new sections, funding may be needed to pay in advance for pool time and other items, before any funds are accumulated from athletes paying membership and training fees, and any grants from funding bodies have been received.
The Region will assist clubs through the Regional Development Officers and if necessary the provision of temporary funding to overcome cash-flow issues. Please click here to see the policy.