Team Manager training is designed to ensure any volunteers who are taking groups of athletes to competition or camps, locally or abroad, are fully equipped to do their role. There are no pre-requisites for the Team Manager 1 workshop. This course is for 18 years old and over on the day of the course.
If you have any questions regarding Team Managing please contact Ben McDonald
We are currently offering the following workshops for members of South East Region affiliated clubs only;
- Team manager 1 – Tuesday 23rd February – 18:30 – 21:00 – online
- Team manager 1 – Tuesday 23rd March – 18:30 – 21:00 – online
Team Manager 2 Workshops are currently unavailable however you can express your interest using the form below. We will then send you details of future courses, when they are available.
Module 1 is designed as an introduction to Team Managing at a club/local level. It is intended to be a basic and informative workshop to give participants the confidence and knowledge to effectively manage a team at a local level. The course is designed to achieve the following four outcomes:
1. To raise awareness of the key areas to consider in being a safe and effective Team Manager at local competitions
2. To identify likely problems and challenges
3. To understand the need for risk assessments
4. To be aware of where further help, guidance and support is available.
Attendees must be 18 years old on the day of the course
For details of the courses running in the South East please click on the booking form below.
This training is designed for Team Managers who have attended the Swim England Team Manager Module 1 training and have gained experience in Team Managing at a local level. This workshop builds upon these experiences and aims to equip a Team Manager to manage a team staying overnight or travelling abroad effectively.
The workshop is designed to achieve the following five objectives:
1. To build on learning from Module 1 and share experiences
2. To raise awareness of key areas in being a safe and effective Team Manager when staying away from home and travelling abroad
3. To identify likely problems and challenges associated with overnight stays and travelling abroad
4. To understand the value of risk assessments
5. To be aware of where further help, guidance and support is available.
Learning to manage a team can take a lifetime. The course is designed to ensure you have the right toolkit from the start. As a team manager you will receive updates from Swim England when necessary to allow you to fulfil the role to the best of your ability.
For details of the courses running in the South East please click on the booking form.
Regional Team Manager Forum 2020
The annual Team Manager Forum took place on Tuesday 24th November and was run as an online forum. The agenda included.
- Team Manager 1 update
- Future opportunities in the South East
- Open Q&A Section
We were also joined by experienced Team Managers Terry Norris and Zoe French.
Regional Team Manager Forum 2019
The annual Team Manager Forum took place on Thursday 17th October, for the first time this was run as an online forum.
This is an opportunity for trained Team Managers to come together to share ideas, the agenda included.
- Using Team Unify to support Team Managers to handle personal data inline with GDPR
- Raising a protests
- Swim England Updates, Q and A
For the presentations and a recording of the meeting please see below;
The region alongside Swim England Talent ran a Team Manager and coach conference on the 10th June at Leatherhead Leisure Centre. Please see below for the presentations.
It is a Team Manager responsibility to conduct risk assessments. To help with this process please find here a copy of the Swim England South East Off-shore camp risk assessment 2016;
Swim England Performance Centres
At the regional winter championships in Portsmouth on the 3rd November Grant Robins, Head of Talent for Swim England gave a talk on the new Performance Centres. Please see below for further information and the presentation;
Regional 12 year old camps
As part of the England talent pathway Swim England South East will be running 3 training camps for selected 12 year olds in 2018. Please see below for the selection criteria
Regional parents Talk for 12 year olds
During the Regional Age Group Championships at K2 on the 13th May, we ran a talk for parents of 12 year olds, a copy of the presentation and the Youth Physical Development Model can be found below.
Youth Nutrition Talk 2018
During the regional Youth Championship, Jasmine Campbell, Performance Nutritionist gave a talk to parents on practical nutrition to improve performance. Please see the presentation below.
Team Manager Updates
We produced a six monthly newsletter for Team Managers within the Region.