We are pleased to invite Swimmers and Coaches from around the region to attend the next South East Region Para-Swimming Training Day.
This Para Swimming Training Day is intended to engage and support swimmers with an impairment to develop their skills, experience and knowledge through their journey as a Para Swimmer. The training day is aimed at all swimmers from development level to those selected for England Para Swimming Talent Programmes, a chance to have their skills developed. This should be seen as an additional training to their home club training.
For those swimmers who do not have a classification or are on the waiting list (S99) but believe they are eligible for classification we would like to invite you for the training day which will also include a skills observation. This will start your process of becoming a classified swimmer.
To gain a better understanding regarding classification please read the British Swimming guide on Classification
Who is Para Swimming Regional Training for?
- Swimmers regularly training and can swim at least 100m or more across multiple strokes (where impairment allows).
- Swim England Cat 2 members with a classification or on the classification waiting list (S99)
- Swimmers with an eligible impairment, who wish to compete and requiring a skills. observation to begin the classification process. Those swimmers attending can be Cat 1 members, but must be Cat 2 members to be placed on a classification waiting list.
- Ideal progression opportunity for those who have graduated from the Start Para-Swimming programme.
- Swimmers with a Hearing Impaired Classification (S15) or wishing to begin the process of classification with GB Deaf Swimming Club.
- All swimmers must be 9 years plus as of 31 December.
- Aimed at those NOT on a World Class programme.
The Coaching Team will be led by Tom Baxter who is the Assistant Head Coach at Crawley Swimming Club. We would like to also invite any coaches along to the training day to gain a better understand of how they can support their Para athletes in their club environment.
- Date: Saturday 20th November
- Location: Splashpoint Leisure Centre, Worthing,
- Please allow time for parking.
- Cost: £10 per swimmer, Coaches free
Timetable of the training day can be found below.
||10:10 – 10:25
||10:25 – 11:25
|Swimming Pool Training
||11:30 – 13:20
||13:35 – 14:00
Booking can be made below and any questions please contact Ben McDonald firstname.lastname@example.org / 07780332279