Join the England Para - Swimming Talent Team for a FREE, fun day of workshops and activities, designed to help athletes, coaches and parents / guardians gain valuable information about the development of Para-athletes. The swimmers will join those that are on the England Para-Swimming Talent Programme for a ‘Day with Dave’, for a workshop and land session.
Dave Hill is a 2 x Paralympian in Swimming & Triathlon, a World & European Medallist, British Champion, Team GB's Youngest Athlete at the Athens 2004 Paralympics and a Top 10 Finisher in the Rio-de-Janerio 2016 Paralympic Games. Dave will discuss his career as a Para-athlete across two sports and now as a coach. He will highlight the areas that he found really useful in his development and what influenced his success. There will also be a Q&A session, so do think of questions that you think will help you. Dave will also lead athletes through a land session.
Following a short break, there will be a workshop for coaches, where Dave will cover what he learnt as an athlete and a coach, what he wanted from a coach and what his influenced his coaching principles.
- Date - Saturday 10th July 2021
- Athletes: 11.30am-1.30pm (Coaches are welcome to observe)
- Coaches 2.45pm-4.45pm
Who is this day for?
- Athletes who attend Regional Para-Swimming Training in their region
- All classified athletes and those on the classification waiting list who would like to develop their swimming further
- Category 2 members who have an eligible Para-Swimming impairment or hearing impairment and would like to learn more about Para-Swimming, or development / competitive opportunities
- Coaches who would like to gain a greater knowledge of Para-Swimming and the support available to them and to athletes.
- Club Administrators, exploring ways of developing Para-Swimming within their club environment.
**All athletes under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult throughout.
For full details and booking information please click here.