Age Group Strength and Conditioning and Psychology Workshops for Swimming Coaches
Saturday 16th February 2019
Arun Leisure Centre, Bognor Regis
9.30am – 3pm
Age Group Strength and Conditioning Workshop (9.30am – 12.45pm)
This strength and conditioning workshop for swim coaches will cover;
- Age group appropriate exercise including warm ups, extended warm ups and progressions/programming
- Long term athletic development
- Considerations for the growing athlete and female athletes.
Psychology Workshop (1.30 – 3pm)
This workshop will cover;
- Process goals – what they are and how to set good process goals
- Race preparation for the arena – this gives skills for the coaches and swimmers to practice to help prepare for the arena
See here for a booking form Age Group S&C and Psychology Workshop
Regional Coaching Conference
Coaching Generation Z
Saturday 16th March 2019
Leatherhead Golf Club
9.30am – 4.00pm
- Optimal Athlete Development Framework
Awareness of the framework, what is it, how does it work and what is our role?
- Swim England Club Awards
Awareness of the awards scheme and effective implementation into club programmes.
- Talent Across the Ages
Exploring the biological, psychological and social characteristics of athlete development.
The athlete’s journey.
- Growth and Development of Age Group Swimmers with Motor Learning Skills
Chronological or biological approach
No1 stroke focus or NOT
Motor learning and skill acquisition
Land work considerations to age and stage
- Planning Considerations
Targeting the benchmark meet – what and how?
See here for a booking form Regional conference booking form 2019
Save the Date; Sunday 8th September
Regional Coaches Forum Conference, ACS International School, Cobham