Are you aged between 13 and 17 years and looking for training opportunities to volunteer within aquatics?
This new program aims to:
- To engage young people in a wider range of volunteering experiences at club and event level
- To provide young people with the opportunity to access high quality, accessible volunteer training which develop transferable skills
- To support and embed sustainable regional development opportunities / programmes for young people in aquatics
- To continue to improve the volunteer experience for young people across aquatics
This new programme is built around 3 key modules linking all disciplines together (Swimming, Diving, Water Polo, Artistic Swimming and Open Water Swimming). Each module will include an interactive online Zoom session with a number of tasks to be completed at your local club. An interactive electronic log book will help the Young Volunteers to keep track their progress throughout the programme.
- Welcome – December 2020 (30 minutes – Online Workshop)
- Module 1 Coaching – Delivered in January 2021 (1.5-2 hours – Online Workshop)
- Module 2 Events – Delivered in March 2021 (1.5-2 hours – Online Workshop)
- Module 3 Leadership – Delivered in May 2021 (1.5-2 hours – Online Workshop)
Completion of the course is expected to be at the end of June 2021 with those that have completed everything receiving an electronic certificate.
We will be running each module multiple times throughout the advertised month.
There is a small non-refundable fee of £10 which is paid at the time of booking which includes:
- Access to South East Young Volunteers website
- Access to Course Materials
- South East T-shirt at completion of course
- Further opportunities to other courses
Closing date Thursday 3rd December
Please contact Ben McDonald for further information Ben.McDonald@southeastswimming.org