Swim England South East Region are launching a brand new Youth Advisory Group which will cover all disciplines and ensure the voice of the Young people are heard at Regional level from across the South East Region.
We are recruiting up to 12 group members aged between 16-21 who are prepared to engage and to represent the youth voice within the South East Region. We are looking for representatives from every discipline and members from every county.
Members of the group will meet formally 2-3 times a year online as the Youth Advisory Group. Members may be also be invited to other relevant meetings to represent their views. For example, the discipline representatives may be invited by the regional discipline manager for that discipline.
The group members should be confident to share their ideas in both group and private environments and actively take part in projects outside of the meeting which support the whole region.
Why join the group?
- To represent the view of young people participating or volunteering in aquatics within the South East Region.
- Assist on projects within the South East Region such as the development of resources and training opportunities for young volunteers.
- Play a key role in shaping the region for the next generation of athletes and volunteers.
Who we are looking for?
- Young People aged between 16-21 years old who are members of clubs affiliated to Swim England South East Region.
- Young People who are actively involved in aquatics sports as a participant, teacher, coach, official or volunteer.
- We are looking for a representative for each of the following disciplines; Artistic Swimming, Diving, Open Water Swimming, Para Swimming, Swimming (including Masters) and Water Polo.
- We are looking for representation from across the region and therefore aim to have group members from each county.
- Have an awareness of the needs of young people in sport and be able to support the deliver on projects and activities to engage young people.
- Be an effective communicator and team player, confident in advocating on behalf of young people.
How to apply:
The application process has two steps; an online application form and a video submission.
- Step one - Please complete the online application form which can be found below
- Step two – Please submit a video, no longer than two minutes, to (Ben.McDonald@southeastswimming.org)
Video tips and support:
- Please make sure that you introduce yourself, so we know who you are and can match your video to your online application.
- Tell us about an issue or barrier you would like to try to remove, why it is important to you, how it affects you or people your peers know and how you would advise it to be solved.
- Think about where you are when you record your video, is it bright enough for us to see you? What is around you? Could someone identify where you are or see something you don’t want them to?
- We are not looking for a well edited video, the video can be shot in one on a phone and no editing is required. We are more interested in the content of the video.
Both steps of the application should be submitted by 5th October we will then review all applications and get back to you within 2 weeks of the closing date. Your application may be shared with relevant sub groups.
If you have any questions please email Ben McDonald (Ben.McDonald@southeastswimming.org)
Please select a valid form