Future Sport Leaders will provide a platform for approximately 80 young people to develop and grow their skills as young influencers in their local schools and communities.
Future Sport Leaders aims to:
- secure a pathway for this group of young people to actively contribute in school and community sport decision making processes
- inspire them to retain their active involvement in sports management and governance into adulthood
The programme will kick off with an inspirational conference in early February, followed by local support as each young person takes on a decision making role on a local group, board or panel.
These local roles will be based in a variety of settings from schools, to faith groups, to sports clubs. In each setting the young person will be influencing the sport and physical activity offer to ensure it is relevant and accessible to their peers.
What does the programme involve?
The Future Sport Leaders conference will take place on the 10th February in Manchester, offering interactive workshops to develop communication, decision-making and influencing skills as well as motivating and inspiring key notes, delivered by speakers from across the sporting landscape.
The Youth Sport Trusts’ ambition following the conference is that each attendee will take on a decision-making role in their school or community with support from a local coach, teacher or mentor.
Young people from across all different sports are encouraged to apply.
I’m interested, how do I apply?
Applications are now open! If you fulfil the below criteria, click here to apply.
- Aged between 15-18
- Of Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic Origin
- Part of a club or group either in school or in the community. For example, sport club, faith group, school sport organising committee
- Passion to influence the sport or physical activity opportunities available for young people locally
- Motivated to make a difference in the school or community
- Excellent communication skills
For more information, visit www.youthsporttrust.org/future-sport-leaders.
For all enquiries contact the Youth Sport Trust on 01509 226600. Applications are open until the 30 December.