As part of the national pathway programme the region delivers the 12 year old camps and the associated education opportunities.
Aims of the Programme
- An opportunity to educate and develop swimmers and the ‘team behind the performer’
- Swimmers identified through performances (rankings times) achieved – See here for the selection policy Selection policy – 12 year old camps
- Provide knowledge and experiences that will provide a platform for future sporting success
- Enable staff and swimmers to maximise their individual potential in the sport; athlete – centred approach
- Starts, Turns and Finishing Techniques
Dry Land Training
- Pre and Post pool activities
- Mobility for Starts and Turns
- Stability for Starts and Turns
- Fundamental Movement Patterns
- Effective Starts, Turns and Finishes
- Goal Setting
- Practical Sports Nutrition
2019 Pathway Camps – Coach observers
Again this year we will be welcoming coach observers at our 12 year old regional pathway camps. This is an ideal opportunity for developing coaches to watch practical sessions on starts and turns, land training sessions and classroom based workshops.
Coaches can attend morning/ afternoon or full day sessions. Numbers are restricted therefore booking is required. All days are based at ACS International School Cobham, Surrey.
See the attached form fore further information;