This event has now been cancelled. Due to the cancellation of the National Age Groups competition the Open Water Committee has had to take the decision to cancel this competition.
Swim England South East 2020 Open Water Championship, Age Group and Multi-disability competition. – Cancelled
Coronavirus – COVID 19 Update
Westhampnett Lake Chichester
Sunday 28th June 2020
The Swim England South East Open Water Championships are qualifying events for Swim England Open Water Age Group National Championships.
SE Region Championship distances of 5Km, 3Km and 2Km will remain. However, as the National Age Groups will be over 7.5Km instead of 5Km and 5Km instead of 3Km (2Km remains the same distance), swimmers wishing to be considered for selection for the new National distances will finish the 5Km and 3Km Championship distances and then swim on for a further 2Km within the given time limits. No medals will be presented for this additional distance.
Should there be insufficient swimmers completing the 7Km or 5Km in their given age group, then consideration may be given to the results of the 5Km and 3Km Championship distances.
All ages are as at 31 December 2020.
12yrs & 13yrs – 2Km
14yrs & 15yrs – 3Km
16yrs, 17yrs, 18yrs and 19yrs+ – 5Km
All entries must be made individually. The entry fees for each event are:
1Km event – £10
2Km, 3Km & 5Km events – £20
Entry fees must be paid at the time of entry.
1Km Novice event 11-12, 13-14, 15-16 & 17+
National Age Group Qualifier for 12yrs and 13yrs
2Km – Freestyle – 12, 13, 14, 15-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & 60+
National Age Group Qualifier for 14yrs and 15yrs
3Km – Freestyle – 13, 14, 15, 16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & 60+
National Age Group Qualifier 16yrs, 17/18yrs, 19yrs & over
5Km – Freestyle – 13-14, 15, 16, 17-18, 19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & 60+
Please read this Important information.
- Competitors should seek appropriate medical advice if I have any concerns as to the state of my health. I have not been informed by any medical practitioner and I do not have any knowledge of any medical condition which would make it inadvisable for me to participate in Open Water Swimming events or any other associated activities. Accordingly I hereby certify that I am physically fit and well to participate in any such training and events.
- Swimmers should appreciate the inherent risks involved in such training and competition including the possibilities of injury and accident. They should undertake to always conduct myself in a responsible and professional manner.
- Swimmers should undertake at all times to use their best endeavours to train and compete in a safe and proper manner and not to do anything which would expose themselves or fellow swimmers to unnecessary risk or injury.
- Swimmers should undertake at all times to take all reasonable safety measures for the protection of myself and fellow swimmers and to inform the Referee of any concerns they may have as regards safety.
- Swimmers should acknowledge that, during Open Water Swimming events, the Swim England South East Region cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings and that swimmers must take all reasonable steps against any such loss or damage.
- Swimmers must abide by and be governed by the rules and regulations of Swim England and all other laws and Referee regulations applicable including the Swim England Safety Laws and the Conditions of Swim England South East Region.
- Competitors are reminded that anyone not attend their briefing will not be permitted to start.
- All swimmers under the age of 18 must be under the supervision of a Club Coach or designated Club Official at all times whilst in the vicinity of the water.