Swim England South East 2020 Open Water Championship, Age Group and Multi-disability competition.
Westhampnett Lake Chichester
Sunday 28th June 2020
General information about the Championships.
The Swim England South East Open Water Championships are a qualifying event for Swim England Open Water Age Group National Championships but also include a Masters section in the 3km race (see Championships Conditions)Competitors wishing to compete for the automatic places at Swim England Open Water Age Group Nationals should ensure they enter the age appropriate distance. All ages are as at 31 December 2019.
12yrs & 13yrs – 2,000m
14yrs & 15yrs – 3,000m
16yrs, 17yrs, 18yrs and 19yrs+ – 5,000m
All entries must be made by individually. The entry fees for each event is £15.00 which must be paid in full at the time of entry.
Please read this Important information.
- Competitors should seek appropriate medical advice if I have any concerns as to the state of my health. I have not been informed by any medical practitioner and I do not have any knowledge of any medical condition which would make it inadvisable for me to participate in Open Water Swimming events or any other associated activities. Accordingly I hereby certify that I am physically fit and well to participate in any such training and events.
- Swimmers should appreciate the inherent risks involved in such training and competition including the possibilities of injury and accident. They should undertake to always conduct myself in a responsible and professional manner.
- Swimmers should undertake at all times to use their best endeavours to train and compete in a safe and proper manner and not to do anything which would expose themselves or fellow swimmers to unnecessary risk or injury.
- Swimmers should undertake at all times to take all reasonable safety measures for the protection of myself and fellow swimmers and to inform the Referee of any concerns they may have as regards safety.
- Swimmers should acknowledge that, during Open Water Swimming events, the Swim England South East Region cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings and that swimmers must take all reasonable steps against any such loss or damage.
- Swimmers must abide by and be governed by the rules of the Amateur Swimming Association and all other laws and Referee regulations applicable including the ASA Safety Laws and the Conditions of the Swim England South East Region.
- Competitors are reminded that anyone not attend their briefing will not be permitted to start.
- All swimmers under the age of 18 must be under the supervision of a Club Coach or designated Club Official at all times whilst in the vicinity of the water.