- This event has passed.
ASA National Open Water Festival
July 23, 2016 - July 24, 2016
Whether you’re a serious competitor with something to prove, or just want to try a new activity, the action-packed ASA National Open Water Festival has something for you.
Taking place over two days at the picturesque Rother Valley Country Park in Sheffield, the event will see the country’s finest swimmers race for national honours in the Masters and Age Group Championships as well as up to 200 newcomers in the 1,500m Open Water Challenge.
The best thing about the ASA National Open Water Festival is that it’s completely free for spectators, so family and friends can come along to support swimmers and enjoy the festival atmosphere on the shore.
Four ways to get involved
1. Take On The 1,500m Challenge – 23 July
Are you new to open water or competitive swimming? The ASA 1,500m Challenge on Saturday 23 July is the perfect introduction to the sport for you to experience the thrill of open water swimming.
You’re welcome to wear a wetsuit and you don’t need to be an ASA member so signing up is hassle-free.
- Find out a little bit more about the 1,500m Challenge in our Guidance Notes.
- With only 200 spaces available, head to our Entry Page now to register your interest and be the first to know when entries open.
- If you’re thinking about entering the 1,500m Challenge, check out our Blogs and Training Plans for inspiration.
2. Mix It With The Masters – 23 July
Masters swimmers are adults over the age of 18 who are members of a swimming club in England, Scotland or Wales.
The Masters Championships is open to all ASA Category 2 members aged 18 – 80+ years and is the highlight on the year for open water Masters and senior age group swimmers as they compete for national honours in 1.5km and 3km events.
If you’re a Masters swimmer with something to prove, make sure you’re first in line to secure your place in the 2016 event.
- Head to our Entry Page now for full details including entry conditions.
- Don’t forget to check out our Masters open water blog for training tips.
3. Race Future Olympians – 24 July
The ASA National Open Water Age Group Championships is the country’s flagship open water age group event, attracting the future stars of open water swimming.
The competition takes place on Sunday 24 July where swimmers will take to the water in allocated age groups to compete for national honours in 1.5k, 3k and 5k events.
The winners of the individual ASA regional Open Water Championships all qualify to compete at the Championships while other athletes can secure respective qualification times in long course pool events.
- Head to our Entry Page to view the full event conditions and find out how you can enter.
4. Family Fun – All Weekend!
The ASA National Open Water Festival is completely free for spectators, so family and friends can come along to support swimmers and enjoy the fun, festival atmosphere on the shore.
You never know, you might even be inspired to take part next year!
There will be plenty of exciting things to enjoy on shore including a range of stalls, plenty to eat and drink, and activities for kids including face painting.