Swim England South East is searching for Coordinator/Manager of Non-Technical Volunteers to take-over from Eileen Adams who has carried out this role for many years.
Non-technical volunteers (i.e. people other than the Technical Officials) are vital to the running of any competition. The tasks that non technical volunteers carry out include:
- Marshalling swimmers for heats and finals (competitors stewards)
- Posting results for swimmers and spectators
- Ensure that catering for officials is provide at appropriate times
- Checking coaches and team managers credentials and issuing coaches passes
- Controlling the flow of spectators onto the spectator gallery, selling programmes and taking spectator fees
The role of the Coordinator/Manager of Non-Technical Volunteers includes:
- Agreeing a list of required volunteers with the Swimming Competition Manager
- Contacting clubs and parents of swimmers to identify and recruit volunteers
- Allocate jobs appropriate to the skills and experience of the volunteers
- Ensuring that there is an appropriate leader present at every session of the competition to handle any issues that may arise (such as non-arrival of an expected volunteer).
More about this role
Swim England South East is investing in a Volunteering Strategy that will provide the Coordinator/Manager with additional resources to support the successful delivery of this role.
The Coordinator/Manager of Non-Technical Volunteers will be entitled to attend meetings of the Swim England South East Swimming Group.
This is a voluntary position. Any costs incurred, including travel to and from competitions and overnight accommodation will be reimbursed in-line with the Region’s published expense policy.
The Coordinator/Manager will be fully supported during the handover period.
For further information or to express an interest in this important role please contact Bryony Gibbs.